So at music class last Friday, some ladies convinced me to start going to Red Dog workouts. They made me pretty nervous, telling me that it is really tough and there are people throwing up everywhere. But we all commited to be there on Tuesday. Red Dog workouts were started by a guy named Don Gardner 25 years ago! He puts on free workouts every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday at 6:00am. In the summer it goes to everyday three times a day. So Tuesday when my alarm went off at 5:30 I got up and headed out the door. They are held at the Allen Fieldhouse and I must say I was pretty impressed. There are tons of people that go! In the summer when they start doing it every day and outside, they have hundreds that come. It was a great workout! He does something different everyday, anything from running to doing bleachers. It felt great on Tuesday to get a workout in before Luke and Jack were out of bed. Wednesday I got up and ran at home and after Red Dog, I must say that chasing Jack around yesterday was pretty painful! I have now made it through 2 red dog workouts and I am starting to feel pretty good! This is exactly what I was looking for, someone to kick my butt into shape! Thanks Red Dog! To read more about the program go here: http://www.reddogsdogdays.org
It is things like this that makes us love Lawrence!
8 comments:
Sam, I am feeling ya on this one. Haha. I felt much better today too. I talked to his wife and she said that if you have asthma you will need an inhaler by June cause the humidity makes it much harder. Anyway, so I need to get one. Haha. Well, glad we can work out together. It is so much easier to go when you know people there! Have a great day!
That is so cool, and they are all free? Way to go Sammy!
Way to go Sammy! I wish I had someone to kick me into shape. Maybe you could just tell me what to do each day?
so much fun....what a great way to workout and stay motivated with all those people.
sound like not fun but it sounds like something i could use. keep up the good work.
You go girl! I need that, although I have seen Summer on the trail a few days in a row, that is about as good as I can get lately!
happy mothers day hope it was a great one.
You missed a really good workout today. I am going to be so sore. I wish you were here to do it all summer with me. You better come in the fall!
Post a Comment