Thursday, May 15, 2008

Asparagus Picking






So I didn't have time to write about this post before so here is the scoop. Me, Jack, Mandy, and Jane decided to go asparagus picking. There is a farm close by that we have heard is a lot of fun. It was so much fun! Like alot of you we never knew how asparagus grew, I had never even thought of it, but it does just stick up out of the ground everywhere. We got a ride to the field on a little tractor and then they give you a basket to carry your goods. The asparagus has to be taller than your basket to pick it (which is 8 in.) Jack had so much fun snapping them off, every time he would giggle. Oh my goodness, they tasted so good. Just to eat them raw was delicious, they had such a fresh, sweet taste. We have eaten them for a couple dinners, roasted with parmesan cheese and they are super yummy! I wish we could always have fresh asparagus. We love living in the middle of nowhere where we are so close to a farm!

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

there has to be a story behind these pictures. Please tell. When are moving to Utah for the summer?

megship said...

Sammy, Summer has informed me you will be here soon and I am committed to getting together with you guys at some point! Let's get together....yeah yeah yeah!

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

okay, this is so cool. I love asparagus and i've never seen it in the ground! tell us how it tasted.!!?

yes...let's all get together. I won't hate you all if you do it before...but let's try to do it in July when Erika gets into town. She'll be here at the very end of June.

Tiff said...

That is so cute!

jenni kaufusi said...

the asparagagus picking looked like so much fun. Jack is gets bigger every time you post a new pic. I love the tulip pic with jack knocking on the door.