Sunday, March 7, 2010

going home

By Thursday we were really ready to leave the hospital and go home. Jack was anxious to get us all home. It was nice to be able to get all ready to go.
Our family before we left
It was so fun to get Charlie all ready, isn't he heaven? His outfit was so big on him. He weighed 6 lbs 11 ounces when we left.
He settled right into his carseat.
Jack rode on my lap while I got pushed in a wheel chair. He was so good for Grandma all week but he was definetely ready to cring his brother home. He was quite the little terror as we tried to head out of the hospital. Grandma had to go back to our room and grab something and he threw a major fit. He was really concerned that not all of us were going to make it home. He didn't want ANYONE left behind. The old man pushing us didn't quite know what to think and kept saying he must be jealous but really he was just ready for us to be home.
Here was the rest of our stay at the hospital........
Finally giving Charlie a pacifier. I love how babies look sucking on their pacifiers.


The bright lights bothered Charlie, so he would start by opening just one eye.
He was a pretty good sleeper while we were in the hospital. The first night he went 4 hours straight sleeping, it was heaven.

By Tuesday night Charlie had dropped 8% of his body weight (which is a lot when you are so tiny) so they started having me supplement with formula till my milk came in. Jack loved feeding him the bottle.
So heavy.
I had to catch one of his smiles in his sleep.



Since Charlie was born Jack is all of a sudden HUGE to me. He is so grown up. Grandma would bring Jack to the hospital each day and Jack would walk in with his backpack full of toys on. He is going to be the best big brother.
I love Charlie when his eyes are open. They are a really dark blue right now, we will see if they change.


He is so teeny tiny. His legs are so skinny.

Grandma took Jack to pick me out some flowers. Jack chose out pink tulips, my favorite. He wouldn't take a picture with them so this is the best I could get.
Luke's family also sent us these darling flowers, look how cute the wagon is! We loved them!

2 comments:

Tiff said...

He is seriously the cutest baby ever I am dying over that hair and can't wait to get my hands on him and maybe my camera too!!! :) Congrats guys hope you are all doing good!

Hill Family said...

Hooray Sam, I'm so excited for you guys! I want to come over and hold that sweet little baby right now... but with David sick we'll have to stay away. Congrats again and I'm glad you like your blanket.