Sunday, March 7, 2010

my mom

One of my favorite things about having a baby is getting to have my mom come and take care of me. I cried when she came and stayed the weekend with us after having Jack and then went back home to Orem (we lived in Lehi, 15 minutes away). So you can imagine the tears when she left to go 1200 miles away today. Actually I started crying Wednesday night when I was still in the hospital and I thought about her going home. There is nothing better than having a week full of mom time.
Jack had so much fun with her and it was so nice to not have to worry about Jack while we were stuck in the hospital. Jack soon wouldn't let Luke or I do anything, Grandma had to help him with EVERYTHING. They were best buddies all week long. He got major spoiled and probably didnt mind that mom wasnt around most of the week. He was always wondering where Grandma was if she happened to disappear for even a second. At nights when he usualy comes and climbs in bed with us he would go and find Grandmas bed instead. He was a major show-off for Grandma showing her new dances he made up and started using big words like seriously. He kept Grandma busy, chasing him everywhere they went. (One day Grandma showed up to the hospital with a look of exhaustion, telling me she didn't know how I was going to survive with 2 boys) I wish we could send her on a cruise to repay her, she is going to need another vacation when she goes home. Oh and Charlie thinks she is pretty great too.
I don't know of a better person than my mom. I really couldn't tell you one thing I would change about her. I am so grateful to have a mom alike her and couldn't ask for a better Grandma for my boys, Love you mom!!



We actually went out a couple of times, for short times, to go do something fun with Grandma. Of course we had to hit the ice cream shop.

Lucky for us that it was bittersweet when we dropped her off at the airport, we got to pick up Luke's mom the same time we drop my mom off at the airport. 2 weeks of Grandmas- Jack is in heaven! Can't wait to share the fun times we have with her!

2 comments:

Summmack said...

"OUR MOM" you meant :) I cried as I read your post! I was so excited to have mom come to my house tonight....and I miss you more than ever!!!

megship said...

Seriously, moms are the best. I haven't seen mine in so long and I miss her like you wouldn't believe. This post almost made me cry...