Here is our birth experince:
Monday March 1st Luke and I headed to the hospital bright and early. We arrived around 6 am and we were ready to go.
They got me in a gown and monitored the baby for awhile. Everything looked great and we were ready to go by 6:30 but had to wait till around 8 before the doctor would arrive. A little before 8 we walked down to the operating room. I went in and the anesthesiologist started the spinal. This was a bit of a worry for me because of the rods in my back. The doctor was a little nervous too working around my huge scar but she did an absolute perfect job! She got it right in with no troubles and I felt great. It was such a blessing!
Then they let Luke in and got ready to start doing the c-section. I felt a little nauseous after the spinal but once they gave me something for that I felt great. I was completely calm and felt great throughout the entire c-section. Luke was enthraled watching the whole thing and told me what he could see. At 8:17 they reached Charlie and when they pulled him out it was amazing to hear his beautiful cry. While Luke went over and helped with the baby I just couldn't stop thinking about how life couldn't be more perfect. I could hear the doctors saying that he was a big baby and they couldn't stop talking about how beautiful his hair was. I couldn't believe I actually got a baby with hair!

Luke cutting the umbilical cord.
Finally they brought him over so I could see him. I thought he actually looked like a small baby, he was so tiny and sweet. He was sucking on his fingers, it was so cute.
The doctors were all so great and kept taking pictures for us.
Oh how I love him! It was such an amazing experience. I couldn't have asked for a better experience this time around. Completely different than Jack's birth. I am so glad that I get to have the rest of my babies with a planned c-section. It was so great and definetely works better for my body.
Finally they took him off and weighed him. I was right he wasn't a very big baby. After being told how big he was going to be at my last appointment we were very surprised. To their credit one of the ultrasound techs did tell us he was going to have lots of hair- I was so glad they got that one right! And I did have a ton of amniotic fluid so I am sure it was hard to get the right weight in an ultrasound.
While they sewed and cleaned me up Luke went off to the nursery with Charlie.

Jack and my mom arrived a little before 9. Just in time to see Charlie when he went to the nursery. Luke went and met them and said that Jack was a little weirded out. I think this picture is sweet even though it is blurry. This is Jack seeing Charlie for the first time. He probably couldn't believe after all of these months of us saying he is coming that he was actually here. But since he knew that Charlie was out he knew that I had been cut open so the first thing he said was "where's my mom". I am sure he was pretty worried about me.



After the c-section they took me to a recovery room and cleaned me up, I guess I was a huge mess, my amniotic fluid got EVERYWHERE. good thing I didn't have a clue and couldn't feel or see anything. They watched me for awhile to make sure I was okay and finally around 11 they took me to my room and let me see everyone. Jack was relieved to see me and it was so nice to get to be with him again,
Then they finally brought Charlie in and I got to hold him. There is nothing better than holding your baby for the first time.


My two sweet boys.
First family picture.
Jack holding Charlie for the first time. He was so sweet with him.
Grandma holding Charlie- we are so glad she was here! She mad things go so smooth.


Such a good daddy. He has been so anxious for Charlie to arrive.

My boys. It makes me tear up to see them all together, I love them so much!

We can't believe how tiny his feet are, I swear they are half the sixe that Jack's were. Luke says he is going to be our little runt.
Of course we had to take a picture of everything he did that day. At least our families can feel like they were there since we have so many photos. It was a lot different than Jack's birth, a quiet day at the hospital with just our little family and Grandma. We wish they all could be here they would love him so much! Charlie can't wait till he gets to meet them all!

He kept trying to open his eyes, but it was too bright.
Finally he got them both open. Jack brought him this little monkey and was so excited to give it to him.
His sweet little cry which he actuallt doesn't use that often. He has been a great baby!


Its awesome to see pictures of yourself after a major surgery, at least my 2 boys are adorable.
Jack was a little bit nervous at first to really touch him but he is slowly getting used to how tiny he is.
Finally we put his hat back on, it is just to fun to see his hair.
Daddy changing the first diaper.
When Jack started to feel comfortable touching Charlie he sat and told grandma how tiny everything on Charlie was. "His small nose, his small cheek, his small neck his small eyes......."
Finally staring to wake up.



I have LOVED our experience this time around. It is so nice to actually know what we are doing because he is our second. I have felt like it has been really pretty easy so far- I know I shouldn't say that too soon since we haven't brought him home yet but it has been great. I am glad that we are experienced parents now :) It makes having a baby great! The first night we got 4-4 1/2 hours of sleep in a row-which was amazing and overall the first night wasn't too bad. He has been a great nurser and a really good baby. He pretty much is just a calm and happy baby. We are so glad that he is part of our family! We are so blessed! (hopefully I feel the same way tomorrow when we all go home!)
Then they let Luke in and got ready to start doing the c-section. I felt a little nauseous after the spinal but once they gave me something for that I felt great. I was completely calm and felt great throughout the entire c-section. Luke was enthraled watching the whole thing and told me what he could see. At 8:17 they reached Charlie and when they pulled him out it was amazing to hear his beautiful cry. While Luke went over and helped with the baby I just couldn't stop thinking about how life couldn't be more perfect. I could hear the doctors saying that he was a big baby and they couldn't stop talking about how beautiful his hair was. I couldn't believe I actually got a baby with hair!
18 comments:
Awww... so sweet. On every picture that Avery saw of him crying she was so concerned "why he cryin??" What happened??" why he naked??" Then, at the end: "aw, charlie so sweet"
Can't wait to meet him and hold him. LOVE his hair. :D
Loves you sis, jack, and luke!
Ally
Sammy and Luke,
Oh my sweetness! He is gorgeous, the pictures of the boys are as tender as the day I remember having Kaden! I am thrilled for all of you! Thinking and praying for your family!
Love ya!
Jen
All such good news! I'm glad everything went so well. It's really sweet to see Jack and Charlie together. You have such a darling family.
Congrats on the beautiful new addition to your family! Lovin' all that hair :)
Congratulations! So glad everything went well for you. He's gorgeous!
I am so glad that you had a good experience. I can't get over all the beautiful hair! He is just perfect!
I am glad everything went so good, and I can't say enough how cute Charlie is!
So, so, so, so, so cute! He is adorable, and I think he looks a lot like Jack in some of the pics. Congrats, glad he's here and you're doing well! Allison
Charlie is adorable. I am so glad everything went smoothly and I can't wait to see him for real!!
Mindy
All the pictures are so precious... I'm so glad you had a better experience this time around! Charlie is such a cute little guy.. That hair is to die for!
Good luck with your first week home =)
So cute to see Jack with little Charlie! Glad everything went so well! Can't wait to meet him!
Congratulations!!!
He is forsure yours, so cute! Looks just like little Jack! And I love the hair! So cute! Congrats you two!
He is so adorable! I am glad everything went so well for you!
Beautiful boys!! You guys make cute kids! I'm glad this was a better experience for you! I had forgotten that you have rods too. My experience was not that great....they could not get the spinal in after 40 times of poking me(my back looked like a pin cushion) and finally had to knock me out completely! Congrats on your beautiful family!! Hope you are doing well and recovering ok. Wish we could be there to help! :)
He is darling!! Glad everything went good!!! :)
So exciting! I am so glad things went so smoothly this time. So excited to meet him!
Congratulations, Luke and Sam! He's a beautiful little boy :)
Post a Comment