1. we go to the park
After Luke's LONG day of working and our LONG day of waiting for him to get off we usually are all ready to get out of the house and get outside. We will either go after dinner or bring dinner to the park. Jack LOVES to run and explore so the park is perfect.
After Luke's LONG day of working and our LONG day of waiting for him to get off we usually are all ready to get out of the house and get outside. We will either go after dinner or bring dinner to the park. Jack LOVES to run and explore so the park is perfect.
2. we go feed the ducks
There is a fabulous duck pond in town. We go feed the ducks about 4 times a week. It is Jack's favorite thing to do. (this started in Utah with Aunt Bree) He always says "I feed ducks?" So after dinner we usually head over to the duck pond. One day all day long I told him we could go feed the ducks when Luke got home, so we decided to pack up dinner and eat it at the park. We got everything all packed up and headed out to go pick up Luke and when we walked outside it was raining. I should have checked the weather. But after telling Jack ALL day long that we were going to feed the ducks there was no way we were going to not be able to go. So we went and ate in the rain under a pavilion and Jack feed the ducks. He loves it.
3. we eat ice cream
A weird thing about Cedar Rapids is that there is a Dairy Queen on every corner. They don't sell any food just ice cream, I guess people in Iowa really love ice cream. Jack is right there with them. One of his new favorite things to do is to go get an ice cream cone. (both Grandpas started this in Utah) So if we are bored we will head over and grab an ice cream cone.

A weird thing about Cedar Rapids is that there is a Dairy Queen on every corner. They don't sell any food just ice cream, I guess people in Iowa really love ice cream. Jack is right there with them. One of his new favorite things to do is to go get an ice cream cone. (both Grandpas started this in Utah) So if we are bored we will head over and grab an ice cream cone.
3 comments:
You guys are a cute little family! I love that you guys get to get out and do those fun things together! I love that there is tons of Dairy Queens, I actually just drove out to Layton (we don't have one in Ogden) to get their new brownie batter shake! Delicious:)
Sounds like you've figured out how to survive the summer in Iowa! All of those things sound way fun. I wish Lawrence had a DQ on every corner!
how strange about DQ. No one likes their food anyway.
Post a Comment