
So me and my friend Mandy decided that we needed to find something other than shopping to fill our time. So we decided on a quilt. We didn't know what the heck we were doing, so we checked out some books at the library and borrowed the church's sewing machine and got started. I decided that I better start out with making one for Jack.

I love the sock monkey fabrics, so fun for a little boy. One day I do need to have a girl though, because the girl fabrics out there are to die for! So we aren't done yet, we have just sewn the squares together. We are very proud of our work so far, but I guess we shouldn't speak to soon we still have alot of work left. I took these pictures before I actually sewed them together, so don't look to close. I will post a picture when it is all finished. I have really enjoyed making this though so maybe there will be lots more in the future!

Here is my inspriration for the quilting idea. My amazing older sister made me this AMAZING quilt that I love. I have been meaning to post this for awhile. She started this before Christmas and with help from her mother-in-law that is an amazing quilter they made this! I love it. It is to big to take a picture of the whole thing, but you can see how cute all the fabric is! Another reason I need to have a girl one day, I think this would be perfect for a little girls room. Thanks Sum!
10 comments:
I'm totally impressed! I picked up quilting right before I had Mac. Made one quilt for him and gave up. The first part of the quilt was perfect and then I got restless and screwed up the rest. But your quilt looks great! Oh and Jack looks adorable in his church clothes. I'm finally loving little boy clothes again.
You are awesome to start quilting! I've been wanting to learn how to quilt, but I'm not good with a sewing machine. My mother-in-law has made me two beautiful quilts, for Grace and Gabe. I helped her with Grace's and realized how hard it is (at least for me). Good luck with finishing the quilt. I hope you post the finished product.
That is such a fun hobby! How cute...I love the quilts! Do you need a quilting table? I have always just done the little ties...never put together the whole quilt. Way to go sammy!
Sam,
I have a really nice sewing machine that you can take back to Kansas with you if you really like doing the quilts. I never use it anymore.
Jill
Good for you to start a new hobby - and one that I also enjoy. But beware - quilting can be an expensive hobby - at least if you're like me and want to have ALL of the pretty fabric. ;) Have fun.
I have always wanted to learn how to quilt!! That sounds like fun.. you'll have to teach me one day!
JIll-
I would love that! It would be nice to have a machine all the time at home. Can't ait to see you guys!
I love love that fabric sum used for that quilt - to die for! I think that would be so fun to do is it hard?
sam that is awesome! i can't wait to see how it turns out.
i started a quilting class at american quilting in march and then got strep so i have to wait till we get back...the first class was so fun and it felt good to do something with my hands.
the fabric is so CUTE!
i had no idea the church had sewing machines? :)
Sam, you have been purse tagged! Dump out your bag take a pict and post it! It is also a great reason to clean out your purse;) Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment