Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Championship Game

We invited everyone over and had a heck of a time. Everybody was geared up for our Jayhawks to win.
Neils provided pizza for all of us (thanks so much!!!!)
The kids did pretty well for it being WAY past their bed times.
So anyone that watched the game knew how INTENSE the game was. I wish I would of taken a picture just minutes before this one, we all thought it was over and the boys were pouting. Then when KU hit the three to put us into over time, we all went nuts. I have never heard anything so loud, neither had the babies so when we all freaked out the all started bawling. Jack was the worst, he freaked out. He hated the last 5 minutes of the game. It was just too much for him. So when we finally won the game, it was the most unbelievable experience! Now that it is over and we won, we are glad that the game was so intense because it just makes the win that much better!
Again we headed downtown, but this time we left Jack at a friend's. (Thanks Mandy) It was a little too crazy for Jack last night. The news has said that there was anywhere to 50 to 75 thousand people downtown! Just blocks and blocks of drunk people. We didn't get home till 2, it felt like we were young and single without a kid again :) This is me, White Owl, and Mykle. Go KU!
This morning we got up and went to breakfast and then went to Wade and Mykle's. At 3 we walked over to the football stadium to welcome the team home. They had a little celebration. Again tons of people.
Jack was so worn out and it was pretty cold but he was a trooper!
Me & Jack, Mandy & Jane.
So we finally came home to a quiet house tonight. It was well needed. We hadn't showered or really slept in a couple days. We are sure the celebrating isn't over but hopefully we will have a couple days to recover. We know that we are so lucky to be going to school and living in such a fun place, and have so many friends to share it with! How many people can say they have gone to a school that won the NCAA national championship while they were there? This will definetly be something we will remember and look back on!

12 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

That really is such a fun experience!! Glad you guys got to enjoy it all!

Anonymous said...

For Jack's sake, I'm glad it's all over! But it's great that you guy's have been having so much fun! Way to go Jayhawks!

Mom Shippen

Alicia said...

Sammy....this looks like you guys had so much fun! How exciting...I was jealous looking at all of your posts of the game...it looks like a good time!:)

TheShippenFamily said...

That game was awesome. Especially the 3 pointer. That is so great you guys get to be there when they won!

Ashlee said...

Fun!!! I'm glad you guys are still attracted to weird people. The old man looks great. The last time I stayed up until 2:00am was when mac was nursing all the time, wow has my life become boring:)

Lindsay said...

That really was a great game!! All the intensity just makes it more fun =)

The Yost Clan said...

You've been tagged. go to my blog for instructions. I wish we had some fun games to go too.

Shawn and Erica said...

HI!! Love the Jamaican Santa! Made me laugh out loud! Good to see you guys on here! You look cute as always! You still running marathons?

Tiff said...

you guys look like you are having so much fun out there! Enjoy! I guess we will be seeing you soon though!

megship said...

Holy cow Sammy! It cracks me up that everyone at that little jamboree had a baby the same age. You guys are party people! I am such a sleep nazi for my kids, so I would never be able to do something like that but it looks like a blast! That is a whole lotta kids, though, geez! You need to get back to Utah for another visit!

Harmoni Osborn said...

That was A LOT of fun!! I am so grateful that we were here to participate in it all!! What a fun way to go out!! :P)

jenni kaufusi said...

That is so cool that you guys got to do that stuff. So how do you not get homesick being so faraway from your mom.