Sunday, October 4, 2009

a much needed night out

Wednesday Luke called me and asked if I thought I could find a babysitter. Dave Matthews and Willie Nelson were in Kansas City that night and Luke thought we should go. He said he was feeling really old and he needed to do something like this. (I think he was having a little mid-life crisis) But if that is what he needs to make him feel young again, I'll take it! We have NEVER been on a date in Kansas and it was so nice to go out just the two of us. My friend Jenni was SO nice to take Jack and put him to bed and stay at our house until midnight. I felt so bad we were gone so long!
Luke was so funny in the car he said, "we are so spontaneous", ok not really but it was fun to pretend for a day! It was so fun to be able to go to a concert again. We hadn't been to a Dave concert since I was pregnant with Jack. I think we forgot how good he is live! Willie Nelson is getting so old and it you can tell it is getting hard for him to play for very long, but it's fun to say we have seen him. He came out and played Grave Digger with Dave Matthews- it was awesome. Dave played a GREAT show and played lots of old songs.
It was such a fun night! I love you Luke!
and THANK YOU Jenni! (We owe you big time!)
Yes, I even wore my Willie Nelson shirt!

2 comments:

Jenni Hinckley said...

I am glad you guys were able to go and enjoy a night out!

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

so glad you guys got to go out and see dave. dang dave keeps canceling in utah.

and way cool to see willie!