Thursday, July 30, 2009

the melt down

I'm not gonna lie this Summer has been hard.
Sure we have done some fun things and we have gone places that we have never been before, and had some great weekend trips, but the everyday grind hasn't been very bearable. Luke works 60+ hours a week and Jack and I have a hard time finding things to keep us entertained (with trying to spend not a lot of money) . We feel like we have been camping for the last 2 months, and Jack & I have been in isolation this Summer. We haven't had much interaction with others at all. But we are surviving and we only have 4 more weeks left! We are dying to get back to our townhouse. We are going to feel like we are living in a mansion.

Anyways, I just wanted to remember this story so we can laugh about it in the future. A couple weeks ago Luke and I were hanging out after we had put Jack to bed when we hear our neighbor out in the hall. She is crazy. She is in her 50s and a bit on the wt side. She was out in the hall screaming the f word and yealling about ho knows what. Then we hear a knock on our door. There was no way in H we were going to open the door and have to deal with her. We want nothing to do with her problems. I guess her and her daughter had gotten in a fight and her daughter came and "beat the crap" out of her, and stole her money, and her car. That is what we heard through the walls at least. But we kind of sighed and counted down the days till we moved and I thought again to myself that we would survive. Then I walked into the bathroom and as I went to walk out I saw this........
This picture does not do this monster justice. This spider was the biggest spider I have ever seen, and it was in my house. So I jumped up on the tub and started yelling for Luke and I was freaking out. Luke came in and got the spider. It took him a few tries, the spider was fast too. But as this all was happening I just had a meltdown. I am usually pretty good to not cry (or at least not cry in front of Luke) because he is working so hard for our family and he doesnt need me freaking out. But I couldn't help the tears this time, Luke came in the bathroom and I was up on the tub crying. Luke felt bad and told me that we would go home the first of August. I felt so bad. Luke got the spider flushed, and I calmed down and after a few minutes and later that night we were able to laugh about the whole thing. I told Luke I would be fine and we would stay through August and make the extra money that we need.
Anyways the whole point to this story is that this whole meltdown made me realize what is important in life. I will survive this and all the rest of the trials we have to go through because I have such a great husband. I am so greatful for how hard he works for our family. These last couple of years have been very trying at times, but yet we have had the best of times too. I know that we have to put in these hard times to give our family a better life so I know it is worth it. But there is no one I would rather be stuck with in Cedar Rapids, Iowa than Luke and Jack. I love them and they make each day worth it!

(P.s. I should also say that this has nothing to do with Luke's job. He actually really likes it and we feel EXTREMELY blessed that he has it. He doesn't have to work 60 hours he chooses so we can help our situation out a little more.)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I HATE spiders!!! Aww, I'm glad you'll be going home soon, sorry summer has been rough. But yall are sooooo cute! so that has to count for something right?!

Scott and Stef said...

Scary spider! I would have freaked out too! I totally know how you feel. It is really hard being away from everything! I feel like I am just getting used to RI and it's been almost a year! I'm glad it's almost over for you and that you like Kansas!