Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th of JULY

So this year we had a great 4th of July. I was so excited to get up super early because I knew Jack would love the balloons. He had so much fun. We got up close to one and the fire came on and scared him, so the rest of the time he kept saying hot every time he saw a balloon. Then we headed of for the big parade! Grandpa Skip has a tradition of making a big breakfast at the parade, the blueberry pancakes were awesome! They also bring down a big truck for all the kids to sit above everyone. I love this tradition! I think we had a group of around 100 people this year. My favorite part of the parade is the jets that come at the very beginning. It was great to visit with the Shippen family. Then we headed off to Luke's parents. We had tons of good food, went swimming, and played lots of badminton. Luke and I had a very good day playing badminton and went undefeated. It was alot of fun. Then we went to Summer's house and had more food and then watched the neighborhood fireworks. We had a long day but it was alot of fun to be able to spend the 4th with family!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tiffany Winters said...

You really look good in red. I am really jealous that you can pull off the baby doll shirt... I always look pregnant. You're adorable. Miss you.

john & natalie said...

I love your photo collage. That's cool!

Mandy said...

okay, jack is looking like such a big boy! It is so great, but makes me sad too. Looks like you had a way fun fourth of July. You are going to have to show me how to do that photo collage. I love it.

megship said...

I am glad little Jacko had a good time at the balloons. You are a better mom than me. I slept in and missed the parade.....I'm going to hell.

Harmoni Osborn said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! How did you do the photo collage? I need to do one of those....I have a buttload of pics to post!!! :p) You do look great!