So it has only been a month since we left home but that is a long time for us. We went and picked my parents up on Thursday night at the airport and we were excited to see how Jack would react. A month is a long time for him and we were hoping he would remember Grandma and Grandpa. I woke Jack up when we got to the airport and went to find them. We saw them from a distance and Grandpa started calling for Jack. He got excited but as soon as we got to them it took him a minute to warm up to them. he was a little frightened and needed his mom for a minute, but it didn't take long at all before he realized who they were. He was so cute with them once we got back to our house. He was showing off and trying to be funny. It was so fun to see him be excited, the rest of the weekend he didn't really want me anymore he wanted to play with them. Every morning he was excited to see that they were still there. Grandma brought Jack his blanket she made him.(She finally finished the blanket she started before he was born :) )We loved it. So we had an awesome weekend spending time with them. As you can tell we did alot and took lots of pictures, so bear with me, I couldn't choose which pictures to put on so I put most of them!
Take me out to the Ballgame....
So when we heard my dad wanted to come visit we knew he would be excited because the weekend the were coming the Yankees were in town. So Friday night we took Jack and Grandpa to their first Yankee game. Grandpa was a little jealous that it only took Jack 6 months to see the Yankees play and it took him 57 years. It was alot of fun. It was perfect weather and the Royals ball park is alot of fun. My favorite part of the game is Jack started clapping for the first time. He was cheering on the Yankees with Grandpa. It is so cute he claps all the time now. We saw a homerun and of course ate hotdogs and cracker jacks.
Road Trip
So the next two days we headed off to see all of the church sites which meant lots of driving. Jack was great to stay in his seat for almost two days straight. We had a few tears but he spent most of his time playing peek-a-boo with Grandma or sleeping. On the way home Grandpa insisted that we stop and buy him some licorice. So we stripped him down and let him go at it- he loved it!
10 comments:
I bet you were so excited to see your parents! That is so fun that they came to visit...and also fun that you get to go home in 3 weeks =)
The last pictures make me want to cry. I hate goodbyes...you'll be home soon enough though and will miss your law school days.
makes, duh.
What a fun-packed trip! Glad you got to see your relatives. Your parents or Lukes?
I love all the pictures. I'm glad you got to do so much stuff! Jack is getting cuter and cuter! I love the pictures of Luke and JAck in front of Carthige jail. I seriously got the chills! So cool!
Who's Seth?
Seth is Angie King...I was logged in as Seth, sorry sammy.
Sorry aNige. My friend has had a guy that she didn't know on her blog commenting and I'm obviously a little nosey and curious.
Ashlee McAllister right?!? This is so random, but we have your scriptures. Don't ask me how, but somehow I have your Book of Mormon at my house. It has your name embossed on it and everything, I think it came from my mom's house. My sister in law Ashley was at my house and was asking me why we have your scriptures :)....you're not nosey I would wonder too...
Funny! I have been looking for those!JK I think Sam took those from my house when we were in high school! He probably thought he was being funny!He does anything for a laugh.
Post a Comment