Tuesday, May 26, 2009

utah

here are the pictures I took in Utah on my camera, they are really random and I wasn't a very good picture taker. I will have to get the pictures on everybody else's camera because I didn't have mine with me very often, but here is what I do have!

Going to Utah made me realize how I am really ready to have a house, actually a backyard. Jack was in heaven running around outside all the time. He climbed the trees, played ball, and could run all he wanted to.

As soon as Luke arrived one of our first stops was the golf store. Of course Jack convinced Luke he needed his own set of clubs.... aren't they cute!

We were glad to b in town with our moms for mother's day. We had a great day of relaxing, going to church, eating dinner with our moms, and visiting with family. We love our moms and we were glad we were in town this year. I love being Jack's mom!!!
I turned the big 25 while we were there!! We spent the day with family. Going to Thanksgiving Point gardens for lunch with mom, Summer & Andy, Carrabas with Luke's family for dinner, and back to Summer's for cheesecake for dessert, yum! Then we went to a late night movie with my mom and Summer & Andy (we saw Ghost of Girlfriends Past, possibly the stupidest movie any of us have ever seen, and I LOVE Matthew, but it was awful)But it was still fun. Thanks for making the day special everyone!
I got spoiled by the family. Money from both parents (so nice to have some spending money), a cookbook and shirts from Bree (the cpk cookbook, can't wait to try it out!), and Summer bought me the American Girl doll Samantha!! I love her, she is so pretty. :) She is being retired and I have always wanted her!

Then Tuesday started the real reason why we went to Utah. Bree got married!!! The Saturday before we got to go with her to take out her endowments, it was a very special day. Then Tuesday night they had their wedding dinner at Los Hermanos, and then wednesday they got married in the afternoon at the Mt Timpanogos temple. I will have to get more pictures but again this is what I had on my camera. Bree looked gorgeous and it was a perfect day! Then they had their reception at the Alpine Arts Center. Here are a couple of pictures from the reception.




We were glad that we got to see Luke's grandparents while we were there. We haven't seen his Grandma in 2 years and it was so nice to see her. She loved Jack and Jack loved her. She surprised him with a toy tractor, he loves it!
Jack also got to spend lots of time with his cousins. He loved every second of it.



we always have a good time and we are always wishing for more time when it comes to an end. we miss our families dearly and hope it isn't too long before we are closer to them!

when I get more pictures I will post them!

7 comments:

Jenni Hinckley said...

What a fun trip! I think Owen is going to miss having a back yard when we get back to Kansas too- we'll have to live at the park!

luke & sammy said...

wow! thanks for posting that great photo of me with jack.

megship said...

You forgot to mention the highlight of your trip which was spending time with me. It must have slipped your mind...no bother, we will do it again next time and I am sure you will do an entire post about it!

Myk said...

glad you had a great birthday, and more importantly, that you have now joined the American Girl club!

john & natalie said...

It's good to see new pictures of you guys. It feels like it's been a long time since I've seen you. The Alpine Arts Center is really close to my parent's house. I'm jealous that you were there :) What a fun place for a reception this time of year!

Karrissa Winward said...

Looks like you had a fun trip. I love that you got the Samantha American Girl Doll, so cute!

Mandy said...

Looks like you had such a great trip seeing all your family. The cake at the wedding was gorgeous!