So I just realized that I was awful at taking pictures the last week of our trip. But we really had a good time in Utah. When I got home I read on some random blog a quote that I thought was quite fitting. It said:
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
Very fitting since I always cry my eyes out all the way up to the airport. It is always very hard for me to leave our family. But we are very blessed to be able to go home often to see them. Although I hope that it isn't too long before we move back to Utah, I do know that this is where we are supposed to be right now. We are learning a lot living out here all by ourselves, and I am very proud of Luke and all he is doing for our family. He is half way done, and it seems to be flying by. So I hope that we will be able to have some visitors soon :) but for now we will cherish the memories we made over Christmas break!
I love you family!
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
Very fitting since I always cry my eyes out all the way up to the airport. It is always very hard for me to leave our family. But we are very blessed to be able to go home often to see them. Although I hope that it isn't too long before we move back to Utah, I do know that this is where we are supposed to be right now. We are learning a lot living out here all by ourselves, and I am very proud of Luke and all he is doing for our family. He is half way done, and it seems to be flying by. So I hope that we will be able to have some visitors soon :) but for now we will cherish the memories we made over Christmas break!
I love you family!
4 comments:
How funny, I just ready that exact quote on a blog a little bit ago. It's such a good thing to remember. I can't imagine living so far away from family, but I know you do what you have to. Todd would LOVE to move to Arizona where he went on his mission, but if he ever gets his wish I'll be kicking and screaming the whole way!
the main reason I hesitate going home is the leaving part. I feel like when I get home (KY) it's like starting over again. But drew seems to make it easier reminding me that we are missing out on family drama and we don't have any obligations here. It seems to help a little until I want family obligations:)
There are definitely pros and cons to living by family. But for me, it is mostly my sisters I feel like I am going to die being apart from. I totally feel your pain. At least it is not indefinite! You will be back with family again someday!
I haven't been back since we moved away but I am sure it will be hard when I do go back! It is hard enough being away! It is nice you hit the halfway mark, right?!
Post a Comment